Abia State University, Uturu Recruiting for VC
he Governing Council of Abia State University, Uturu, wishes to announce that the post of VICE-CHANCELLOR of the University will become vacant effective 1 st December, 2010.
According, Council, in the performance of its statutory duties as provided for in the University Edict, hereby invites interested distinguished academics with vast experience in University administration and management, to send in their applications for the post.
The Vice- Chancellor is both the academic and administrative head of the University and its link with government and the public.
An intending candidate should, therefore, among others:
• Have held senior administrative/academic positions within a University for at least 10 years and at a level capable of preparing him for the position of Vice-Chancellor.
• Be known to be fair-minded to all manner of persons and to be above petty ethnic, religious or local loyalties.
• Be a person of proven integrity and courage
• Be sensitive to the exigencies of Nigerian Higher education and be capable of responding in a prompt and judicious manner to pressures and policies at the state and national levels.
• Be a Professor of not less than eight (8) years’ standing by 1 st December 2010
• Be a person capable of piloting Abia State
• University and consolidating it as a professional University.
• Have published copiously in both local and international reputable journals. .
• Be knowledgeable in Information &Communication Technology.
• Be an excellent Resource Manager.
Salary and Conditions of Service
• The salary and conditions of service are as obtainable in a similar position in the Nigerian University system, as the Governing Council may decide from time to time.
• The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his letter of appointment and from time to time by the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested academics should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, which should be in thirty (30) copies with the most recent passport sized photographs attached to each and in a sealed envelope marked: ‘Vice-Chancellorship Position’
The curriculum vitae should, among others indicate:
• Full names
• Date of Birth/ Age
• Marital Status
• Academic Qualifications
• Publications, and
• Administrative Experience
Each application should bear the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be requested by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in sealed envelope marked Referee’s Report on Vice-Chancellorship Candidate at the left hand corner of the envelope.
All applications are to reach:
Abia State University
Vision for the University A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University during his/her tenure, if appointed, should also be enclosed.
Interview Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview at a later date.
Registrar/Secretary to Council
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More
Vacancies at APM Terminals (2 Positions)
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a GlobalRead More