NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL(NECO) GCE FOR NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010/2011
NECO NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2010 SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (SSCE) REGISTRATION FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
1. APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Candidates intending to register for the November/December 2010 NECO Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby informed that registration will be strictly on-line using the Converged Examination Management Technology Platform (CEMTP) Portal. The CEMTP Portal URL is www.nigeriaexams.org. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period using the facilities of any reputable internet café.
Passport photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidate’s passport photograph should not be more than six months old and must be of white background.
2. REGISTRATION WEB-SITE –www.nigeriaexams.org
3. REGISTRATION FEE/MODE OF PAYMENT
To register candidate should pay the sum of 6,250 Naira only in cash in any of the approved banks. The registration fee includes payment for the examination registration , SSCE Syllabus , Examination ethics CD and Administrative charges. The registration fee, once paid , entitles a candidate to a registration package. Candidates should note that the registration fee does not include the commission of 200 Naira only chargeable by selling banks.
4. Registration Period
• The registration period is between 2nd August and 23rd September, 2010. Late registration will only be approved by the registrar of NECO at NECO headquarters, MINNA, Niger State.
5.ATTESTATION /PHOTOCARDS AND EXAMINATION TIME-TABLE
• On completion of registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the CEMTP portal at nigeriaexams.org [http://nigeriaexams.org]
• i.Time table for the examination; and (ii) Four (4) CLEAR copies of the NECO attestation /photo cards. (Candidates should note that attestation/photo cards that are not clear shall not be accepted).
• The Referee’s Attestation section of the attestation / photo card should be signed and stamped by any of the following:
o (a)The Principal of a recognized post primary institution;
o (b)An ordained clergyman
o (c)A commissioned officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces of the police not below the rank of Captain or equivalent rank;
o (d)A senior civil servant not below the rank of GL. 14;
o (e)A legal Practitioner of not less than ten years experience.
• All the Four (4) CLEAR copies of the attestation/photo cards should be submitted to the NECO Zonal/State Officer for documentation NOT later than 2 weeks to the beginning of the examination.
• Candidates should keep one (1) copy of the stamped Attestation /Photo Card for use during the examination
• Blind candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to notify the NECO Zonal/State Officer of the state where they intend to write the examination not later than 3 weeks to the commencement of the examination.
7. Examination Centre
• The towns where the examination will be held have been grouped into examination towns/neighbourhoods. Candidates should select town/neighbourhoods within the state where they intend to sit for the examination.
8. Available Subjects for the examination
• The following subjects are available in the examination:
Christian Religious Stuidies
Literature – in- English
*Note: Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo &Yoruba) include Literature
• i.The registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
• ii.The use of reputable cyber café s is highly recommended, as the council will no be liable for registration errors committed by candidates.
• iii.Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the scratch cards and on the online portal before registration.
• iv.Candidates should study the regulations and syllabuses before registration.
• v.Candidates in possession of unstamped Attestation/photo cards will not be allowed into the examination hall.
• vi.Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on the certificate.
• vii.Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
• viii.Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
• ix.Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their results cancelled.
• x.Candidates who damaged and lose their cards will have to purchase another card.
• xi.The rule that states that “No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall 30 minutes after the examination commences” no longer exists. Once an examination commences, no candidate will be allowed into the examination hall.
SSANU, NASU, NAAT continue strike in universities
Irrespective of the decision by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call offRead More
ASUU STRIKE: ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday
The National Executive Council of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, will meet onRead More