NUPITA EXISTING CAREER
JOB TITLE: NPI ADVISOR
REPORTS TO: PROJECT DIRECTOR – NUPITA /CHIEF OF PARTY (COP)-EUCORD
POSITION LOCATION: A LOCAL POSITION IN NIGERIA
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 12 MONTHS
The New Partners Initiative Technical Assistance project (NuPITA) is a four-year USAID-funded program working in- eight countries (Kenya, South Africa,
Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Nigeria) to provide technical assistance to fifteen organizations working in HIV & AIDS that have received
funding from USAID under the President’s Emergency Fond for AIDS Reliefs New Partners Initiative (NPI) was created to build the capacity of organizations to
work at the community level and support the long-term response to HIV & AIDS. NPI increases the number and diversity of organizations working on the USG’s
efforts to address HIV & AIDS around the world.
NuPITA is seeking a dynamic, competent and highly motivated person to fill a local position and provide direct technical assistance support to an NPI partner
organization based in Nigeria, namely The Children of Hope Project.
Children of Hope (CH) is a USAID Washington funded PEPFAR project in Nigeria whose main focus is on providing assistance to scale up community-level HIV/
AIDS services to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and assist caregivers of OVC with livelihood assistance. It is a 3 year project (currently in year
two) targeted at assisting 12,000 OVC and 4,000 widows and single parent caregivers in six states in Nigeria. CH also provides prevention interventions to
10,000 beneficiaries, which include young adults, teenagers, in school and out of school youth and family members of the children in the communities where
the project is working. The states CH is working in include Oyo, Edo, Abia, Ebonyi, Imo and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The project is being implemented by European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) and Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) through a
consortium of nine indigenous Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs) and Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) with operations
in the states listed above. EUCORD and WEWE will help further build the capacity of the nine Indigenous Service Providers (ISPs) during implementation of the
Children of Hope project.
• NuPITA seeks an NPI Advisor with experience in Organizational Development and Program Management to work with CH staff members building the capacity of
nine Indigenous Service Providers (ISPs).
• This position will be based In Abuja, Nigeria with travel to field sites and partner offices. The NPI Advisor Is expected to:
• Provide support to CH staff members who are tasked with strengthening the internal organizational processes of the ISPs.
• Assist CH staff members as they develop systematic and continuous quality management processes among the ISPs.
• Assist CH staff members in the evaluation of ISPs office processes and determine the organizational effectiveness interventions needed to meet ISPs’
• Assist CH staff members review existing manuals and’ develop operational manuals and step down training in operations management for ISPs.
• Support CH Operations/HR manager in the training of ISP staff on’ key HR and Administrative processes.
• Support CH staff members as they work with the staff of the ISPs to address Administrative/HR issues identified during the 2010 Organizational Capacity
Assessment exercise carried out for CH ISPs.
• Assist CH staff members set up processes for tracking ISPs’ activities against work plans/budgets.
• Assist CH staff members review existing manuals and develop program manuals and step down program training for ISPs,
• All other duties and responsibilities related to the position.
• The qualified candidates will have a Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, or
Management background or equivalent training and experience.
• At least five years of professional experience in managing technical assistance and capacity building support to civil society organizations; and strong
experience with organizational assessment and strategic planning especially in African countries.
• Seven to ten years of professional experience with organizational development with an emphasis on developing systems, process and tools.
• Experience in mentoring and participatory leadership • Experience in capacity building and coaching
• Experience in working on programs funded by USAID. Experience with PEP FAR programs is a plus.
• Strong leadership and managerial skills
• Strong experience in implementing community-based programs and building the capacity of community-based organizations.
• Strong skills in teamwork, networking, training and facilitation Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong skills in strategic thinking and planning.
• Willingness to work and travel in semi-urban and rural settings in Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include a cover letter an updated curriculum vitae and names of at least three professional references, and should be sent to:
Due to the large number of expected applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committee to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D.
Not later than 9th September, 2010.
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More
Vacancies at APM Terminals (2 Positions)
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a GlobalRead More