GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC VACANCY 2010
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: CATEGORY MANAGER – ATL & SPONSORSHIPS
AUTOREQ ID: 25793BR
TYPE OF JOB: FULL TIME
EXTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: CATEGORY MANAGER – ATL AND SPONSORSHIPS
LEVEL: L5 (M1)
PORTFOLIO MANAGER – DEMAND & INDIRECT, GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC
The role holder is required to play a significant leadership role to drive global best practice in Media (Press, Digital, electronics and OOH) Planning/Buying working very closely with the Marketing function. It also involves managing the sourcing and supplier performance/development management process across all aspects of category management to successfully deliver our targeted business benefits of quality, service, value, innovation and brilliant execution.
Above the line sub categories deals with approx 20 suppliers and are a significant contributor of value to GNPLC.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Responsible for the development of stretching category strategies that clearly deliver our Procurement Functional Value agenda of Assure, Protect and Create for all areas of above the line, media planning and management, sponsorship, and relationship marketing.
The role will be based in Lagos with regular requirements for national, regional-hub (Cameroun/Ghana) and international (UK) travel.
TOP 3-5 ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• This role will closely support the Portfolio Managers, Head of Procurement in driving the Procurement Function, acting as a key member of the team by leading the team’s robust application of key category management tools such as the LOOP, supply chain analysis and business needs analysis
• Assist the Portfolio Managers and Head of Procurement to form, coach and develop GN Procurement into a high performing team, by enhancing local Procurement capability in all aspects of best-in-class Procurement skills – Strategy development, Contract management, Industry/Economic/Supplier Analysis, Value chain mapping, etc
• Implementation of Head of Procurement-designated key projects through effective project management, utilising appropriate e-procurement tools to maximise speed, efficiency and drive of benefits e.g. e-RFI’s e-RFP’s, e-auctions, spend analysis.
• Supporting the Function’s control and risk agenda, – including CARM, IFRS, SFRM, CCE
• Media Planning & Buying
• Jointly represent Guinness Nigeria in Advertisers’ body AAPN, NIPR, OAAN, LASAA etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• First degree is mandatory.
• Minimum of 7 years commercial experience, Specialist Media Planning & Buying experience gained in a “Media – buying” organization with demonstrated direct responsibility for managing multi-billion Naira media budgets
• Strong Negotiation Skills
• Minimum of 3 years Procurement experience is essential covering all procurement imperatives (quality, service, cost, risk, growth support, innovation)
• Analytical and numerical skills
• Ability to take commercial insights and translate into Media Planning & Buying opportunities
• Experience in advertising, marketing, and sales spend activities.
• Understanding of the category management process would be an advantage
• Previous experience in managing/ interfacing with Senior Executives of agency suppliers and client
• Skilled communicator with a high level of personal impact
Previous experience of working within or closely with an FMCG Procurement Function (prior SAP experience an advantage)
BARRIERS TO SUCCESS IN ROLE:
Ineffective communication skills and/or inability to present output clearly and cogently, to confidently and articulately present complex business cases and options
Inability to challenge the status quo and/or influence peers & senior stakeholders
Inability to think strategically, lack of general commercial awareness
Lack of personal mental resilience in challenging working environments or lack of mobility
Weak IT skills base
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: STRATEGIC CATEGORY MANAGER – CEREALS
TYPE OF JOB: FULL TIME
EXTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: STRATEGIC CATEGORY MANAGER – CEREALS
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PROCUREMENT
The role has responsibility for developing and providing key data, expertise and analysis in support of the development of strategic category strategies. It is key in influencing the sourcing process across all West African supply operations of category management to deliver the requisite business benefits /needs. This role has specific responsibility for developing the category management strategies for cereals across the entire Nigerian supply business, encompassing the spend for all brewing locations in Nigeria.
Total categories spend
B) MARKET COMPLEXITY
This role will operate nationally across multiple breweries.
Diverse range of products within category including malting barley, feed barley, wheat, malt, sorghum, enzymes and hops. A broad local and international/global supply base providing goods & services in this regional category. High political and media focus on purchasing cereals. Heavily regulated market across the region presently undergoing significant structural change. High level of risk and regulation in meeting “food grade” requirements around safety and integrity of liquids and ingredients. Continuous significant risks to security of supply to be managed particularly within cereal spend.
C) LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership responsibility for developing strategic category management approach with one direct report purpose of role
Management of nominated category in line with diageo’s procurement imperatives: – risk management, quality, service, cost, innovation/growth, corporate citizenship
1. Develop strategic category management approach to key spend areas to deliver security of supply, maintaining requisite quality, protecting brand reputation and optimum cost
2. Develop and implement agreed strategy for managing price volatility in base commodity spend, and ensure fast and accurate reporting of risks and impacts of commodity price movements
3. Development of annual operating plan and supporting projects to deliver agreed targets
4. Endorsement from key stakeholders of category strategy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• University degree in agricultural/biological science or commercially biased discipline
• Accredited purchasing qualification desirable (CIPS/MBA)
• Must have 3 – 4 years experience which should include the following:
• Significant procurement responsibilities in a leading edge company
• Experience with agricultural products, traded commodities and of developing and operating price risk management policies to manage spend within governance guidelines
• Weather data interpretation/management
• have a flair for field work and travels
BARRIERS TO SUCCESS IN ROLE
LACK OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Experience in category management
• Specific experience within portfolio
• Project and change management
• Experience in management of commodities
• Interpersonal skills for the development of relationships at all levels both internally & externally – political & cultural sensitivities
HOW DO I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY?
Log on to www.diageo.com & click on ‘career’
Click on ‘Search & Apply’
Click on ‘Search openings’ go to ‘key word’ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No
Click ‘view job(s)’ to read the detailed job profile
Click on ‘submit to job(s)’ to submit your CV
Please note that the closing date for submission of applications is 28th December, 2010
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More
Vacancies at APM Terminals (2 Positions)
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a GlobalRead More