NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF MINING AND GEOSCIENCES OPPORTUNITY
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for staff vacancies in the Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences.
Jos. Plateau State
The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences, Jos was established by the Federal Government as a Centre of Excellence for professional training and research in all aspects of Mining and the Geosciences.
The Institute is fully equipped with world-class facilities required for acquisition of practical skills in all aspects of mineral resources development. It focuses on producing Manpower for the emerging mining industry.
Therefore, the Institute adopts a deep, practical orientation by providing intensive field and laboratory training for all categories of students.
NON ACADEMIC POSITIONS
REGISTRAR: CONTISS 15
• The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the NIMG.
• The incumbent will be responsible to the Provost for the day – to -day administration of the Institute.
• The Registrar shall serve as Secretary to the NIMG Board/ Governing Council.
• S/he wm also ensure proper application of policies and procedures for the general administration of the Institute.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The candidate must possess a Master Degree in the Social Sciences or Humanities from an accredited University.
• S/he must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• The candidate should demonstrate strong strategic planning and organizational skills
• The candidate for this position should possess a minimum of 10 years top management experience, preferably in a similar institution.
INSTITUTE LIBRARIAN: CONTISS15
The Librarian will report to the Provost
The Librarian will be responsible for:
• Managing the day- to – day running of the libraries of the Institute.
• Set up the libraries with up to date text books, reference materials, documents and journals
• Equipping the libraries with the state of the art equipment for document retrieving, photocopying and referencing.
• Establishing relationships with other University Libraries in the country and abroad
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The candidate must possess a Master degree (including a first degree or equivalent in Library Studies)
• S/he must have at least 15 years experience in Library Management, preferably in similar educational settings.
• The candidate should be highly computer literate. Experience with Microsoft Suite is important.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates are requested to submit 15 copies of their application letter and current curriculum vitae which should contain the following:
• Full Names (surname first in block letters)
• Post applied for
• Place and date of birth
• Marital status
• Number of children and their ages
• Nationality and state of origin (if a Nigerian)
• Contact details (Including GSM Numbers and e-mail)
• Permanent home address 9Jnstitutions attended with dates
• Academic and professional qualifications with dates
• Working Experience with dates
• Present employment status and salary
• List of publications where applicable
• Extra Curricula activities
• Names and addresses of three
• Referees (Applicants should request their referees to forward their report under separate and confidential cover)
All applications should be addressed to:
The Registrar, Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences Jos
NO.1, Metropolitan Avenue, Tudun Wada
P.M.B. 2183, Jos
Applicants should indicate at the top left hand comer of their envelopes the position they are applying for and note that only short listed candidates would be contacted.
Dr. Abubakar A. Bafeto,
Application closes on 5st April, 2011.
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More
Vacancies at APM Terminals (2 Positions)
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a GlobalRead More