D.G.E Hall Scholarship 2011
Scholarshipfor.Info – There is one D.G.E Hall Scholarship for applicants who are proposing to register full-time for taught Masters programmes at SOAS in the academic session 2011/12. The scholarship is shared with International Student House (ISH). SOAS pays tuition fees in full, a maintenance grant of approximately £4,200 supplemented by an arrival allowance of £800 to cover unusual one-off payments that scholars may have to meet on their arrival in the United Kingdom and a return economy-class air-fare home (capped at a maximum of £1,500).
ISH provides free accommodation together with a small contribution in food vouchers to be spent in the ISH restaurant. Finally, reimbursements will also be met for expenses relating to study travel, thesis costs and excess baggage on the return flight home. These will be capped at designated levels (totaling no more than £425) and their award will depend on submission of the appropriate receipts to the Scholarships Office at SOAS.
* Any full-time Masters programme
* Part-time programmes are not eligible
* Applicants must possess a good honours degree from a U.K. university or equivalent recognized by the School. Candidates in their final year of study for a first degree are invited to apply.
* Open only to those holding a Burma/Myanmar passport.
* Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members, one from each Faculty.
* The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information
Scholarship application deadline
* Scholarship applications must be received no later than 5 pm on 29 April 2011
* Applicants must have made an application to the School for a place of study at least two weeks before the scholarship closing date.
* Late or incomplete applications will be not considered
Notification of results
All candidates will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of June 2011. Successful candidates will also be notified in writing. If you have not had a response to your application by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
An application pack, which consists of an application form, guidance notes and reference form, is available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from:
SSANU, NASU, NAAT continue strike in universities
Irrespective of the decision by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to call offRead More
ASUU STRIKE: ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday
The National Executive Council of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, will meet onRead More