APM Terminals (Maersk) Job Vacancy for Crane Mechanic (B.Eng /B.Sc /HND /Diploma)
APM Terminals (Maersk) Job Vacancy for Crane Mechanic, Apapa, Lagos.
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to Crane Foreman.
- Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and/or mechanical repairs of container handling cranes and RTGs are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment.
- Carries out maintenance and repair service for all crane equipment.
- Lubricates moving parts & conducts preventive maintenance service on all types of gantry crane equipment
- Provides maintenance and repair services for container handling gantry cranes and RTGs.
- Carries out mechanical maintenance repairs, fault finding and monitoring of equipment.
- Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
- Reads service manuals, analyzes & investigates mechanical faults.
- Reconditions usable parts to minimize maintenance costs.
- Determine cause of failure of mechanical components of crane equipment.
- The key impact of these incumbents will be the maintenance of operational efficiencies in the terminal to ensure availability of equipment required for the execution of day to day operational activities.
- B B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both mechanical/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries will be preferred.
- Requires at least three to five years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes & spreaders.
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major mechanical/hydraulic parts such as brakes, wire-ropes, trolley, gantry wheels, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, couplings, and so forth.
- Requires a good knowledge of repairs for cranes and RTGs & spreaders.
- Requires ability to interpret mechanical/hydraulic diagrams, service & parts manuals.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
30th June 2011.
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More
Vacancies at APM Terminals (2 Positions)
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a GlobalRead More