Boko Haram: IG places embargo on sales of dynamites
ABUJA – As controversy continues to trail last week’s interception of a lorry carrying 700 quarry explosives used for the blasting of rocks by construction companies in the FCT, the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Abubakar Ringim has placed a temporary embargo on the buying and movement of such construction explosives (dynamites).
Speaking in Abuja, Monday, the IG disclosed that henceforth, before any construction company is allowed to buy such blasting dynamites and move them, they must seek and get clearance from his office.
Explaining that the measure has become necessary in view of the current security situation where the Boko Haram group continue to indulge in throwing of bombs, Ringim insisted that the Police cannot put a permanent ban on the operations of such dynamite manufacturing companies as doing so will not only have severe consequences on road construction business, but will lead to a lot of people losing their jobs, having been thrown into the unemployment market.
Commenting on the alleged intercepted 700 bombs, the IG said, “Although the Nigeria Police have previously issued a statement which categorically proved the report to be false and baseless, the force finds it absolutely necessary to follow up this public notice in view of the grave security threat such a report entails”.
“It was the kind of report that could give rise to peril; which could in turn degenerate into a breakdown of law and order especially at a time when public apprehension is at its peak” he said, pointing out that the two Police personnel who accompanied the vehicle in their official capacities as approved by the police were released on the same day the vehicle was intercepted contrary to reports that they are still being detained by the Army authorities’.
Borno Commissioner of Justice, Kaka Shehu Lawan Sharing Money To Politicians (Photos)
According to multiple social media sources,Commissioner for justice in Borno State Hon Kaka Shehu Lawan,wasRead More
Mother Had S3x With Her Teen Daughter’s Husband
A man identified as Kingsley married a 17-year old girl (named withheld) who was theRead More