Business Development Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc (GNPLC) is one of the largest listed companies in Nigeria. It produces markets and sells alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in Nigeria. It is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: L6 (M3)
Reports To: Distributor Development Manager
Guinness Nigeria PLC (GNPLC) is a major market for Diageo
The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated but highly dynamic.
A key contributor to the success of GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
- Responsible for personal overhead budget
- Tactical Budget in territory
- Management of DFS scheme
Individual territory geographically based. Work with a number of Distributors up to a maximum of 10.
Purpose of Role:
- Primary responsibility for managing business relationships with distributors and key wholesalers to deliver GNPLC sales volume expectations.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Achieve profitable volume/market share target for the Territory by driving sales out of the distributors.
- Building profitable relationships with key wholesalers and ensuring they carry our target portfolio within the territory.
- Manage recommended Price Compliance in Distributors and wholesalers
- Build capacity of distributor/wholesaler organisation to deliver sustainable business growth
- Ensures RRS scheme is deployed to gain full return on our investment by working with RDMs/Distributors to ensure early truck out, records, business reviews.
- Works with Relationship managers to ensure DFS scheme is well run with no returned cheques
- Ensures regular monthly full business reviews with all Distributors and min top 5 wholesalers of each Distributor
- Works with DDM, Sales Capability and HR to develop capability of the distributor organization.
- Ensure effective customer/ business development to counter competitive activities in the territory
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with minimum 3 year commercial expertise gained across Sales / Consumer Marketing or Sales Management with a good track record of performance. Previous experience in a direct customer facing role is valuable.
- Good commercial understanding, P&L literacy, strong numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy and previous experience of financial/data are important.
- Good communication skills –written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Healthy and physically fit.
- Experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Essential to spend time in the field with customers and consumers
- Essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition
Flexible working options:
- Based in a defined geographical area.
- 100% field based
- Some travel to Divisional Office is essential
« Distributor Development Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc (Previous News)
(Next News) LATEST JOB VACANCIES, UTURU OIL NIG. LIMITED »
Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program 2017
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with offices and operationsRead More
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More