Distributor Development Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
The Distributor Development Manager has accountability for developing and sustaining amazing value adding business relationships with our key distributors. They develop and drive our joint strategy and plans with distributors, have direct performance and P&L responsibility and a strong focus on working with distributors to develop the capability within their organisations. DDM is also accountable for leading a RTM Executive team and develop and drive our strategy and plans with Wholesalers/Stockists. These roles operate at the market, cluster or region level depending on the size and complexity of both the market and the distributor.
- Responsible for the development, tracking, deployment of distributor infrastructure. Ensure all conditions in place locally to make warehousing development, forklifts capability, other supply chain and warehouse management principles are applied at distributors.
- Responsible for training and structured coaching of distributor and GN staff on distributor development initiatives like VMI, WMS, distributor IT infrastructure and other RtC initiatives. Wide influencing needed.
- Collate local reporting and identify main priorities for improvement by the Divisional teams. Must ensure that distributor operations are in line with agreed Distributor Standard Operating System and tracked through agreed dashboard.
- Support distributor to develop Annual Business Plan, P&L and ensuring optimal financial health of distributor.
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level ideally with experience in at least two areas of Sales including customer or distributor facing roles.
- A good understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and all elements of the Platform for Growth programme with the ability to work with distributors to apply these. Particularly important is Distributor Management, JUBP (Joined Up Business Plan), Targeted Trade Investment and Customer/Channel Profitability.
- Previous experience of managing/leading teams either directly or indirectly and a strong track record as a coach. Able to set a vision and inspire our distributor partners.
- Good commercial understanding, P&L literacy, strong numerical and analytical skills, a high level of computer literacy and competent experience of financial/data interpretation
- Experience of working within and or with other functions and a track record of delivering results through cross functional teams, particularly marketing, supply and corporate relations is critical.
- Supported by a business orientated professional or academic qualification
- Previous experience of distributor management a distinct advantage
- High degree of presentation and coaching skills
- Good PC skills.
- Unwilling or unable to travel and accompany staff in field – the role is 65%+ field based
- Poor communication skills
- Poor training and coaching abilities
- Lack of data appreciation and use
- Based in the divisions
- Will sometimes be required to work late into the night
Ecobank Graduate Recruitment 2017
Ecobank Development Corporation (Ecobank Capital) is the investment banking and securities trading company of EcobankRead More
Sabmiller: Maintenance Manager (Lagos)
Maintenance Manager (Lagos) Reference Number SAB-257 Description Amongst other duties, the Maintenance Manager will; ManageRead More