Scholarships for International Students: Chevening
Deadline: varies (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts AY 2012/2013
The Chevening Scholarships offers exceptional candidates the opportunity to undertake postgraduate study at leading universities in the UK. It is aimed at future leaders, opinion formers and decision-makers.
UK Universities and Academic Institutions. The Education UK website is the gateway to UK education and provides education information for international students.
Field(s) of study:
Chevening scholarships are targeted towards a broad range of fields and disciplines. Depending on the priorities of the UK Embassy in your country, applications are welcome for the following fields: Development, Public administration, Governance, Journalism/media, International Relations, Human rights, Economics, Finance, Banking, Law, Human rights, Management, Project planning, Political science, Diplomatic training, Environmental studies, Civil Society, Religion, etc.
Most scholars undertake a one year master’s degree.
Number of Awards:
Annually, the programme provides nearly 1,000 scholarships.
The Chevening UK scholarships are for international students or researchers from over 130 countries.
Chevening UK Scholarships are full scholarships which cover tuition fees, monthly stipend and various one-off allowances as well as international travel to and from UK.
Chevening UK Scholarships are for high calibre international student graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. Applicants should be:
• Motivated to make a career that will take them to positions of leadership in their own country within ten years of their scholarship
• Able to use their studies and experience in the UK to benefit themselves, their countries and the UK
• Natural influencers and talented communicators, with energy and ambition
• People who value networking and who can demonstrate the value of networks to their studies, and to bringing about change on a global level
• Intelligent, with demonstrable academic potential
• Strong characters with integrity, drive, and the ability to self manage and work independently
• Have good English Language skills and an IELTS score of 6.5 (or its equivalent) for admission to postgraduate courses
• Meet the academic requirements for their courses of study
Applicants cannot be:
• A UK or EU national.
• An employee of the FCO (including British Embassies and High Commissions), the British Council, a co-sponsor or sponsoring UK university, or their relatives, or former employee who left such employment within the past two years.
• People who have already received financial benefit from an HMG-funded award.
There is no coordinated global launch of the programme. British missions around the world will advertise Chevening separately, so timings will vary. Some Embassies will advertise as early as late autumn, while others will start as late as spring.
Please check your local British Embassy or High Commission website, and your local British Council website, for details about how the scheme will operate in your country, including information about timings and whether criteria about areas of interest have been applied.
The volume of applications (over 20, 000 for the 2011/12 academic year) means that for the most part unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
Any follow up questions should be directed to your local British Council Office. The contact details are found at this link.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/what-we-do/scholarships/chevening/
Apply for Olusegun Agagu Foundation Scholarship 2017
The Olusegun Agagu Foundation was established to immortalise the name and legacy of the lateRead More
Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited Postgraduate Scholarship 2017/2018
Nigerian Agip Exploration(NAE) is calling on suitable, qualified and interested Nigerian graduates for the 2017/2018Read More