University of British Columbia-Full Scholarship
UBC attracts talented secondary and post-secondary students from around the world. We honour the achievements of our incoming international students through the International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) program.
The ILOT Award recognizes international students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
ILOT Award winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
The ILOT Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian Study Permit (visa).
Am I eligible?
Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. To be considered for an ILOT Award you must:
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
- be admissible to the first choice program you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How can I be nominated?
- If you wish to be considered for an award, speak to your school or college/university counsellor. If you are accepted for nomination, the counsellor must use the ILOT nomination package available for download on the Counsellors’ website.
What is the deadline?
- The deadline for nomination packages to be received at UBC is January 31, 2012.
- Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC, and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by January 31, 2012. Although applicants to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, an ILOT Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee’s first choice program.
- Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for Nomination consideration.
Apply for Olusegun Agagu Foundation Scholarship 2017
The Olusegun Agagu Foundation was established to immortalise the name and legacy of the lateRead More
Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited Postgraduate Scholarship 2017/2018
Nigerian Agip Exploration(NAE) is calling on suitable, qualified and interested Nigerian graduates for the 2017/2018Read More