Jonathan:We Will Wipe Out Boko Haram
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday in Kano vowed that the Federal Government would soon wipe out the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, pleading with Nigerians to join hands with security agencies by exposing suspicious elements within their neighborhood.
The President stated this at the palace of the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, when he paid the monarch a courtesy visit in Kano where he went to assess the extent of damage of Friday bombings which claimed about 200 lives.
He said security would be strengthened in Kano State and other places across the country, adding that the Federal Government would not rest until terrorism was wiped out in the country.
He said, “Those causing havoc will never succeed, Kano has been in peace since the Boko Haram insurgence. The Federal Government will not rest until the perpetrators are brought to book.
“The people doing this are not spirits, they are among us. I seek the cooperation of all towards getting those involved in the havoc arrested.
“I can assure you that we will intensify security in Kano and all over the nation to look at our neighbours to know what they do, to enable us to fish out these miscreants.
“Let us police ourselves because if we don’t, one day, it may be against us. We will not rest until these terrorist are wiped out.”
Before boarding the presidential aircraft back to Abuja, Jonathan alleged that the Boko Haram terrorist group had sponsors.
The Inspector General of Police, Alhaji Hafiz Ringim, was not on the presidential entourage, a situation which generated curiosity among residents.
Most parts of the state were condoned off to secure the Presidents passage during the visit.
After he landed at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport around 3.09pm, the President went straight to the Nigeria Airforce Military Hospital, situated within the vicinity of the airport to commiserate with some of the victims hospitalised there.
From the hospital, he proceeded to the Emir’s Palace before visiting the Zone 1 Headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force where the multiple bomb explosions last Friday began.
According to him, Nigerians should begin to take special interest in the activities of their neighbours and report suspicious one to the security agencies to stem the activities of criminals within them.
He added that the FG would help the Kano State Government to support those hospitalised and the families of those who lost their lives.
Meanwhile, the Kano State Government has relaxed the 24 hours curfew imposed last Friday to 7pm to 6am.
Though, the review of the curfew period was announced last night and early this morning, most residents still preferred to stay indoors and within their vicinity.
Sunday service were affected in most churches as turnout was low. Commercial vehicles and motorcyclists were also not available as it used to be, and most commuters had to walk to their destinations.
The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, promised the readiness of traditional rulers from the northern part of the country to wage a war against members of the Boko Haram.
Bayero made the promise while welcoming Jonathan.
The traditional ruler said the war against the group would henceforth be total as he and his colleagues were ready to support the President in his bid to end the violence that had been characterising the sect’s activities.
He said, “The President is not alone in this war against Boko Haram.
“Mr. President, be assured that we are in this together. We all must join hands with you to combat this evil that is threatening the welfare and security of all of us.”
Borno Commissioner of Justice, Kaka Shehu Lawan Sharing Money To Politicians (Photos)
According to multiple social media sources,Commissioner for justice in Borno State Hon Kaka Shehu Lawan,wasRead More
Mother Had S3x With Her Teen Daughter’s Husband
A man identified as Kingsley married a 17-year old girl (named withheld) who was theRead More