Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria (ESSPIN) - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Planning and Management Specialist in the Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria (ESSPIN) Kaduna State office.
Post title: State Based Specialist, Planning and Management
Responsible to: State Team Leader
The State‐based Specialist Planning and Management will be involved in initiatives including: sector analysis and planning, operational planning and budgeting, organizational development, HRD and HRM, performance management and monitoring/inspection.
The Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria (ESSPIN) is a six-year UK government funded programme designed to provide strategic technical assistance to support education reform at Federal level in up to 7 Lead States. A principal objective of the programme is to strengthen the ability of target States to plan and implement strategies for transforming the delivery of education services, to improve education management and funding mechanisms and thus to have a sustainable impact on teaching and learning in schools.
Take responsibility for monitoring the implementation of incentive‐based operational
funding arrangements, such as school grants and capacity building funds.
- On a quarterly basis, review and agree with the State Team Leader and the Lead Specialist in Institutional Development and Governance objectives and targets for activities related toplanning and management in the State.
- Draw up quarterly work plans to be agreed with the State Team Leader and the Lead Specialist in Institutional Development and Governance
- Provide direct specialist inputs as per agreed work plans, interacting with government and other stakeholders as necessary
- Provide briefing and guidance on State‐specific conditions and issues to visiting short‐term consultants.
- Participate in regular (monthly) specialist team meetings for the Institutional Development and Governance component.
- Submit monthly reports to the State Team Leader and the Lead Specialist in Institutional Development and Governance. These reports will focus on progress, issues and next steps in accordance with the guidelines set out in the ESSPIN consultant management handbook.
- Assist the State Team Leader and Lead Specialist in Institutional Development and Governance in compiling quarterly and annual reports for Clients.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Extent of authority
The State‐based Planning and Management Specialist will report to the State Team Leader, but will take professional direction and guidance from the Lead Specialist in Education Quality.
Special relationships and contacts
Establish and maintain good working relationships with the State based technical and administrative teams as well as engage fully with State parastatal and LGA officials and other stakeholders.
- Practical knowledge of educational development issues in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of current international literature on School Quality and the transformation of education systems.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Government structures and systems.
- Knowledge of the capacity constraints that may hamper effective and efficient action.
- Ability to manage change through other people.
- Possession of inter‐personal skills and the ability to deploy them as and when necessary.
- Ability to provide constructive guidance and feedback to other professionals.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of a team.
Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
- A minimum of a degree‐level qualification in a relevant area and 5 years experience of working in education or social sector reform in Nigeria
- Extensive experience of School Development, School Management and Governance or Teacher Professional Development.
The salary for this post is between the 320,000 – N355, 000 gross per month range
Other benefits of the post include
- Annual bonus
- Leave allowance
- World standard on the job training and learning experiences
Application Closing Date
5pm, August 3, 2012
Method of Application
All applications should be made using a CV of no more than 3 pages of A4 (in a standard technical CV format) as well as the ESSPIN application form. Click here to download the ESSPIN application form. Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com The closing date for all applications is 5pm Friday 3 August 2012.Short listing will be completed by Monday 13 August 2012 and interviews conducted shortly after that. Shortlisted candidates are advised to come along with both the original and photocopies of their certificates as stated on their CVs as well as proof of identity.
If you have not received a response to your application by Monday 20 August 2012, please assume your application was unsuccessful this time.For more information visit www.esspin.org/aboutus/vacancy
More news in this category
- Vacancy:Brunel Energy
- Etisalat(Manager Revenue Assurance)
- Vacancy: 7up Bottling Company(Events and Sponsorship Manager)
- Nicon Insurance Plc; Recruitment For Fresh Graduates Nationwide 2013
- Sterling Bank Nigeria Trainee Recruitment 2013
- Vacancy:Procurement Manager
- Vacancy: First Bank Graduate Trainee Programme
- BBC Media Action Recruitment For Producer (BA/Bsc/Hnd)
- Vacancy:KPMG(Graduate Tax Consultant)
- Vacancies: WAEC (Exam Officer General Duties)