Vacancy: Guiness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc – Total installed capacity stands at about 7million hectolitres. Guinness Nigeria Plc has made large investments in recent years, resulting in the sites having both new and ageing assets and technology. World class maintenance is critical to achieve this objectives
Job Title: Corporate Automation/Instrumentation Engineer
Level: L5 (M1)
Type of Job: Permanent
Reports To: Asset Care & Life cycle Manager
a) Financial The Job holder impacts on an asset base worth over £50Million and a recurring maintenance expenditure of over £1Million per annum. Responsibility for planning and execution of world class maintenance for viable return on investment and high productivity
b) Market Complexity Sophisticated and highly competitive market with multinational players. GNPLC must continuously maintain a competitive edge and ensure optimal use of capital in order to ensure robust bottom line figures.
c) Leadership and Functional Capabilities
Leadership Capabilities Be authentic Find solutions Connect to the Diageo purpose Manage people for success Consistently deliver great performance Grow yourself
Functional Capabilities The role is a central support role which requires good interpersonal skills with the brewery teams. It generates an insight about what the breweries need in terms of technical support and competence. It also adapts effectively to changing needs with no tolerance to inconsistency. High standards and stretching goals on best practice are set for self and others with passion for development of self and others.
Purpose of Role To develop and improve all Automation/ Electrical systems across sites to ensure maximum plant availability for all PLCs, SCADAs and DCs systems. Champion the acquisition and implementation of best automation technology and solutions in line with World Class Manufacturing Develop Automation Policy and Strategy in line with WCM requirement
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Identify areas of improvement in asset care practice to deliver continuous improvement on plant availability, performance, reliability and waste reduction.
- Drive implementation of best practice in asset care and ensure asset care process supports compliance with Diageo LTO requirement.
- Carry out audits to determine compliance with Diageo and asset care improvement standards.
- Serve as a link between breweries and external companies for all required calibration, PLCs and SCADA issues, to established standards.
- Responsibility for the capability development of Technicians and Engineers, in Electrical and Automation technology by ensuring that knowledge in automation is fully shared and maximally utilised. This will be achieved by appropriately liaising with internal stakeholders and external professional bodies to execute relevant trainings in-house, and externally.
- Monitor Utilisation of CMMS, SAP and DS3000 for effective information management to deliver asset care improvement capacity development
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a brewery or FMCG manufacturing environment. He/ She must
- Be a Professional engineer (member of Nigerian Society of Engineers)
- Directly support PLC ( Siemens experience preferred), SCADAs and DCs
- Detailed knowledge of PLC step 5 and 7 and programme
- Conversant with SCADA systems and application.
- Good understanding of the principles of asset care and maintenance best practice
- Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of support for any brewery related issues from the various site
- Inability to influence across GN Plc supply and stake holders
Application closes 21 September, 2012
Click here to apply
Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program 2017
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with offices and operationsRead More
Vacancies at FHI 360 (4 Positions)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting waysRead More