15 illegal hospitals shut down in Lagos(Names Included)
Lagos State Health Monitoring and Accreditation Agency Officials have shut down fifteen illegal hospitals and clinics across the state for various law-related offences.
According to the Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Doctor Jide Idris, this is a bid to eliminate bogus and unregistered clinics in line with Lagos State’s health sector Reform Law of 2006.
A statement signed by the Public Relations Officer for the Ministry of Health, Mr Jide Lawal, noted that the health facilities were shut down for various offences.
The offences include: Lack of qualified personnel, poor facilities, unhygienic environment, quackery, unofficial training of auxiliary nurses, existence of living room within their facilities, non-registration of the facilities with the agency.
The affected hospitals are:
1. Kaff-Salam Maternity Home at No. 8, Onabola Street Bariga
2. Gbayi Clinic and Maternity Home at No. 57, Akinola Street, Bariga,
3. Iya Deborah Maternity Hospital, Eleshin Ikorodu.
4. Oluwadimimu Maternity Home at No 3, Alhaji Davies Street, Surulere,
5. UDYP Christian Hospital at No 62, Sanya Street, Aguda, Surulere.
6. St. Daniel Hospital
7. Oluwaseun King Maternity Centre
8. Mount Zion Maternity Centre
9. Above Medical Centre at No 121, Abaranje Road, Ikotun-Alimosho
10. The Saint Medical Diagnostics Centre
and 5 others.
The commissioner said the facilities would stay closed until all the compulsory requirements are met.
The mandatory requirements for the registration of health facilities in the state include the provision of the current practising licence and credentials of the health personnel in charge of the health facilities; letters of clearance and recommendation from relevant professional bodies; and passport photographs of the proprietor and the officer in charge of operations in the facilities.
Breaking News: Nigerian army again invade Kanu’s home, lay siege with armoured tankers
Happening live as Nigerian army, again, invades the home of the leader of the Indigenous PeopleRead More
Breaking News: Evans pleads guilty to kidnapping
Billionaire kidnapper Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans, on Wednesday, pleaded guilty to kidnapping chargesRead More