FEC has approved the construction of a 150 seater banquet hall at Aso Villa at the cost of N2.2billion
A N2.2bn contract was yesterday approved by the Federal Executive Council for the construction of a banquet hall in Aso Rock presidential villa. The new hall is planned to accommodate 150 seats.
The approval is part of the final set of N19.4bn contracts for this year covering road construction, rail transportation and infrastructural development in the Federal Capital Territory.
This bit of information was communicated to newsmen after the FEC meeting by Reuben Abati, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity who stood in for the minister of information, Labaran Maku.
Abati said the council also approved the award of contract for the conduct of fiscal allocation and statutory disbursement audit for 2007 to 2011 as well as oil and gas industry audit.
He reportedly said the approval was in conformity with section 2 of the NEITI Act 2007.
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, said the proposed hall, which will be constructed by Julius Berger, will have walk ways, security post, hall conveniences, technical room and press briefing room. For N2.2bn?
Isn’t there a way civil societies in Nigeria can stop all these unnecessarily spending by taking the federal government to court? Isn’t there a way, we as citizens, can check our government?
MMM dumps Naira for Bitcoin as it returns on Jan 14
MMM Nigeria says it has introduced Bitcoin, said to be the world’s best performing currencyRead More
Nigerian Bishop Sam Zuga removes ‘Black Object’ from Woman’s priv@te Part (photos)
Bishop Sam Zuga, the founder of House of Joy International Ministries,who last year turned coldRead More