Former US president, George H.W Bush has been hospitalized. H e remains in a Houston hospital where he has been for days as Doctors battle a lingering cough that has raised concerns, officials said on Thursday.
Bush, 88 year-old has bronchitis according to report on chron.com, but his condition is not life threatening, Jean Becker, his chief of staff said.
“President Bush is in the hospital,” Becker said. “We have kept this quiet out of respect for him.”
Bush has been in and out of Methodist Hospital for a few weeks, and was most recently admitted the day after Thanksgiving, she said. He was visited there Sunday by his son, former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura.
“His big problem is a chronic cough, he can’t get rid of so he’s back at Methodist,” Becker said. “This is not a life-threatening illness.”
She said there were some earlier concerns that the cough would turn into pneumonia, but it has not.
Bush is expected to be released this weekend, she said.
Bush, who was vice president for two terms under President Ronald Reagan, served as president from 1989-1993.
- Governor Amaechi’s cousin killed in Rivers
- Bush Meat Vendors In Abdijan Ordered To Close Shops
- Half N*ked Photos of Chief Bode George’s son cause huge stir online
- Doctors, Nurses flee Federal Teaching Hospital,Abakaliki over rumoured presence of ebola patient
- Rapist Drugs, Attacks Primary School Pupil Inside Bush