Nigerian First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, it has been gathered, will on Saturday be honoured with a honorary fellowship award by the Auchi Polytechnic during the institution’s 20th convocation.
This was made known in a statement by the polytechnic spokesman, Mustapha Oshiobugie, released on Tuesday in Auchi, Edo. According to the statement, a former Federal Commissioner of Information and an elder statesman, Edwin Clark, will also be conferred with a similar award in recognition of his contributions in his fields of endeavour.
The statement noted that Ms. Jonathan’s efforts at galvanising women folk for political consciousness and development had not gone unnoticed: “Her ability to mobilise women for political consciousness and development, focus for national development and the solitary effect it has for the women folk must be encouraged,” it said.
Also, the statement said Mr. Clark was pivotal to the upgrading of the polytechnic to its present status: “His immense contribution to the upgrading of the Midwest Technical College to Auchi Polytechnic made it what it is today… Chief Clark has also contributed greatly to education development of the country as a teacher and commissioner,” it noted. It said the the occasion would also be used to honour a former Minister of Education, Aishetu Dukku.
- ‘There is darkness o!’ – Hilarious video on Patience Jonathan’s tearful meeting emerges…
- Our First Lady steps out in lovely outfit to State House dinner[Pictured]
- Pray for peace this easter – Patience Jonathan
- Poor Basic Education, The Problem Of The First Lady – ALI BABA
- Dame Patience Jonathan donates 10,000 empowerment items to women, youth in Rivers