The Emir of Kano, Sir Alhaji Dr.Ado Bayero was this Saturday afternoon attacked by unknown gunmen. His convoy was attacked around the Zoo road by Total Gasoline station when he was returning from a religious function at the Murtala Mosque in Kano Metropolis. His driver and three of his guards were killed
The Emir was unhurt in the attack and has since been moved to an undisclosed location.
Some residents in the area said Nigerian troops of the Joint Task Force later took over the scene of the attack while firing shots.
JTF spokesperson in Kano, Captain Ikedichi Iweha said he was still trying to get the full details of the attack.
- BREAKING NEWS:Emir of Kano,Ado Bayero is dead
- SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI is the confirmed NEW EMIR OF KANO
- Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero Emerges As 14th Emir Of Kano[UPDATED]
- Allah chose me, draw my attention if I offend you – New Emir of Kano Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
- Ado Bayero Will Always Be Remembered For Wisdom, Competence – Pres Jonathan