FIVE persons were gruesomely macheted to death at Naka Earth Dam, Gwer-West Local Council Area of Benue State by a man suspected to be insane.
The Guardian gathered that the culprit, Edwin Jato, popularly known as Torjor, was allegedly treated at the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi, for insanity after which he became normal until last Sunday evening when the madness resumed.
Jato had on that fateful day invited his brothers to accompany him to the dam where he machete them to death and fled.
Speaking on the incident with journalists, secretary to the local council, Mr. Mike Torkuma, expressed shock but said the culprit was, however, caught by the people and had been beaten to death.
The state Police Public Relations’ Officer, DSP Daniel Ezeala, who confirmed the incident to The Guardian, however, decried the use of jungle justice by the community.
- Terrorists Posing As Hersdmen Use Chemical Weapons To Kill In Benue State
- Man hacks friend to death over VCD in Ondo State
- Explosion On Benue Bridge Causes Diversion Of Traffic Across The River Benue
- Benue State to create 12 local government councils
- Tragic:Policeman stabbed to death, dumped inside well in Benue