Scholarship Name: Bilateral Educational Agreement (Bea) Scholarship Awards
The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is offering the 2013/2014 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas
Accepted Subject Areas?
a. Undergraduate level – Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
About the Federal Scholarship
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Prof. (Mrs.) Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i O.O.N, is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2013/2014 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award tenable in Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Three (3) years old (2010 – 2012).
- Applicants who by October 2013 will be in 300 Level and above in any Tertiary Institution need not apply.
- Age limit is 23 years
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
How Many Federal Scholarships are available? Several
What are the benefits?
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
How long will sponsorship last? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
To be taken at (country): Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c
Application should be submitted before the interview to hold from 11th to 15th March 2013.
**The exact application deadline is yet to be announced at the time of publishing this update.**
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
To apply for the federal government scholarship, all qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Scholarship Board’s website: www.fsb.gov.ng
- Click on Application Center
- Click on BEA Form
- Select BEA Award Application
- Read Requirements & Instructions, and continue
- Print completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip and bring two (2) copies to interview venue.
Venue of Interview:
2013/2014 BEA interview venues and dates from 11th to 15th March 2013
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- i. Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial
- ii. Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
- iii. Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC or NECO and forwarded to the Director/ Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.
- iv. Two copies of Birth Certificate.
- v. State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
- vi. Eight (8) passport sized colour photographs on white background
- vii. Medical Certificate of Fitness including HIV /AIDS, and Hepatitis B free Certificates obtained from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital or National Hospital, Abuja.
- viii. Police Clearance Certificate including finger prints from the Police Station nearest to Place of Residence
- ix. Data page of current International Passport, and
- x. Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies.
The federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry Of Education, through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), Plot 245 Samuel Ademulegun Street Central Business District, Abuja
How can I get more information?
For interview dates and venue download this Scholarship poster
Important Notes: (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
More news in this category
- NLNG undergraduate scholarship 2013/2014
- NIIT Nigerian Scholarship 2013
- Etisalat starts Geek Force Internship contest 2013
- Addax Petroleum Undergraduate Scholarship 2013
- WOL Foundation Essay Competition 2013
- Fidelity Bank Creative Writing Blog and Literary Café Weekly Writing Competition
- The GOI Peace Foundation and UNESCO International Essay Contest for Young People 2013
- Apply to become a Google Student Ambassador 2013.
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Oversea Scholarship For Undergraduate, Msc, PhD, 2013
- Total E & P (NNPC/TEPNG) Scholarship Award Scheme 2013