Statement from the CEO of Kennis Music, Kenny Ogungbe pictured below with the late singer
“With a deep sense of loss, we announce the shocking death of our darling music star, Goldie Harvey. Goldie, 31, died on Thursday after she complained of a severe headache shortly after her arrival from the United States where she went to witness the Grammy Award. She was rushed from her Park View, Ikoyi, Lagos residence to her official hospital, Reddington, Victoria Island, Lagos, where doctors pronounced her dead on arrival at exactly 7:30pm in the evening.
We consider this period a gloomy moment for us and the entire Nigerian music industry in view of the circumstance in which she passed away; the abundance of talent she exhibited in her short but eventful music career and the various opportunities her trip to the United States of America would have availed her. She is survived by her father, step- mother, brothers and sisters. We deeply sympathise with her family and fans all over the world and very grateful to all and sundry, especially, the vibrant Nigerian media for their concern and prompt reportage. We shall keep everybody informed as events unfold as we are devastated by the sudden loss.”
Goldie’s remains has been deposited in the mortuary.
GET LATEST UPDATES IN YOUR EMAIL
- 54-Year-Old Woman Delivers Twin Baby Boys After Years Of Barrenness
- Iara Edo Governor’s Wife Stuns In Native Attire
- FFK Blasts Buhari For Shaking The Queen But Refused To Shake Female Ministers
- Coco Gives Birth to a Baby Girl Named Chanel
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick Reunite Again: Exes Go Shopping on Black Friday