A 27-year-old bride is believed to have plunged to her death from a hotel room while on honeymoon in Dubai.
Abbie Emmett died just days after she had arrived in the United Arab Emirates with her new husband Sean, 43, a former professional Grand Prix motorbike racer, following their wedding in South Africa.
Police in Dubai were investigating what happened after Mrs Emmett, who is a vicar’s daughter, was reported to have fallen out of a window at the hotel last Tuesday.
She had been sharing a flat in Addlestone, Surrey, with Mr Emmett, a divorced father of three, and was said to have married him around two weeks ago in Cape Town.
Their neighbour Nicolene Turvey, 27, said: ‘I feel so sad. She is such a young girl, the same age as me.
‘It’s devastating for everyone. She really wanted to have kids.’
Mr Emmett has now retired from racing but is still a private instructor and has been the winner of 19 superbike races as well as clocking up more than 50 MotoGP appearances.
A Foreign Office spokesman said it was providing consular assistance to the family at ‘this difficult time’.
He added: ‘We were made aware of the death of a British national in Dubai on 19 February.
Culled from DailyMail
- Bride-to-be, Tiwa Savage woke up in this presidential suite in Dubai (PHOTOS)
- Furniture maker dies in a hotel after se’x with lover
- Window design blunder:Guests using toilet at posh hotel can be seen by passers-by
- Husband with lover catches wife and friend in same hotel in Lagos
- Pastor dies of ‘magun’ in Ogun State