AN Owo Chief Magistrate court has jailed a 63-year-old grandfather, Benjamin Stephen three years after he allegedly stole N40, 000 cash and clothing materials worth N16, 000 in Owo area of the state.
The prosecuting witness, Inspector Akomlafe Joseph said the accused person entered the restaurant of Mrs Funmilayo Adewole at Ikare junction where he committed the offence after eating.
Joseph said the accused person after eating stole the complainant’s money and two different clothing materials of 54yards and fled since 2010.
The prosecutor said the accused was seen at the same scene where he committed the offence three years later and was recognised and the police was invited which led to his arrest.
When the court’s charge was read, the accused person pleaded guilty as charged.
The presiding Chief Magistrate; S O Olowookere, found him guilty and convicted him accordingly.
The accused was sentenced to six months imprisonment with an option of N50,000 fine.
He was asked to pay N56,000 to the complainant.
- Hunger Made Me Steal A Bottle Of Coke –24 Year Old Man Pleads In Court
- Nigerian Musician Arrested For Demanding Cow Blood At A Wedding In Lagos
- My son is a thief say dad who ensured arrest
- Woman Inserts Hot Knife Into Daughter’s Priv*te Part
- Robber Gives Girlfriend Stolen Gold Necklace Still Covered In Victim’s Blood