We are not ghosts.Boko Haram replies Jonathan
The Sheikh Mohammed Abdul’aziz group, a faction of the Boko Haram sect, which has claimed to be working towards ensuring dialogue with government, said on Wednesday that peace process is still on course and that the group will continue to talk with government because their people are suffering.
According to him, “Allah has also sanctioned dialogue in all human undertakings so we will pursue it to its logical conclusion, as such; if there are those who feel left out in the process, the doors are open let everybody come as the Borno state government has shown seriousness and commitment to the peace process.”
The group also said that they are not ghosts as alledged by President Goodluck Jonathan, when he visited Borno and Yobe states last week.
“We have sat with officials of Borno state government and a delegation of Northern Governors Forum on peace and reconciliation headed by Air Vice Marshal Mukhtar Muhammed (Rtd)”.
Sheikh Mohammed Abdul’aziz in a statement made available to DailyPost on Wednesday in Maiduguri said: “The group is willing to sit with government at anytime to bring peace to the state and the country large. “I call on Governor Kashim Shettima to disregard all those propaganda aimed at disrupting the peace process as we are ready and willing to continue to dialogue with government.”
Speaking on the statement made by leader of the sect, Abubakar Shakau, sometime ago that they are not ready for dialogue; Sheihk Mohammed Abdul’aziz said that the person who appeared on YouTube, as leader of the sect was an impostor. According to him, the purported Sheihk Abubakar Shekau who went further to disclaim him (Sheihk Abdul’aziz) is not the real Sheihk Shekau.
Sheihk Abdul’aziz said, “the voice is not that of Sheihk Abubakar Shekau and Sheihk has never hidden his face, Sheikh’s voice is heavily Kanuri accented. The man is an impostor deliberately brought to the front line by those opposed to the peace process. We know them and we will disclose their identity at the appropriate time.
“Let me state categorically that Sheikh knows me and has confidence in my ability and is aware and he blessed the peace process. When I was being sworn in by the late leader of the group, Sheikh Muhammed Yusuf, he did so in the presence of Sheikh Mallam Ibrahim Mubi, Mallam Ibrahim Agaji, Mallam Sani Kontogora and Babagana Mulima. So, it is impossible for Sheikh to say he does not know me while it was he who promoted me to my present position.”
He therefore called on all members of the sect, to disregard the so called Sheikh Abubakar Shekau, who appeared on YouTube, as the Sheikh will certainly make a statement either in Rajab or Sha’aban.
He also called on all members to respect the peace process, lay down their arms and await further directives.
State Governors: “We Have Resolved Nigeria Must Not Break”
State Governors after meeting with the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa inRead More
Hausas put on Igbo attires to show love
Against the backdrop of the October 1 ultimatum given to the Igbos by the ArewaRead More