Reports from Kano indicate that five persons are feared dead after two fuel laden tankers had a collision early Monday morning.
Initial reports indicate that the explosion occurred around the Bayero University Road and may have been due to break failure of one of the tankers causing it to collide with the other.
A Kano journalist, Ismaila Dan-Muhammadu, was quoted by a news aggregator, NEWSMAN, as saying that the two tankers exploded at a military checkpoint following a break failure after being stopped by soldiers for routine checks.
“Two persons were engulfed in the inferno from the explosion with both drivers believed to have died. A kid was also knocked down by a vehicle that lost its brake due to the explosion,” the journalist, who reportedly witnessed the explosion, said.
He said emergency and security services are currently helping victims of the explosion.
Efforts to confirm the incident and casualty from emergency authorities are ongoing as the spokesperson for the National Emergency Management Agency, Yushau Shuaib, could not be reached.
- BREAKING NEWS:Bomb blast rocks Kano motor park.Scores feared dead
- Photospeaks:Fire Engulfs Petrol Tankers In Lagos, Destroy Properties
- Boko Haram planning to hijack Petrol Tankers for bombing Abuja
- Tragedy:Two Pupils, Three Others Were Burnt To Death along ibadan -ife expressway
- Breaking News:Bomb blast rocks Kano school