Betty Mbereko is six months pregnant for her son. She fell in love with her son and now they want to marry each other.
Read what she said to local authorities:
“Look, I strove alone to send my son to school and no one helped me. Now you see that my son is working and you accuse me of doing something wrong. Let me enjoy the products of my sweat,”
She said she doesn’t want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her. Mbereko is 40 years old and hails from Mwenezi in Masvingo, she was widowed 12 years ago and has been living with her first child, Farai Mbereko who is now 23 years old.
She said she has spent a lot of money sending Farai to school after the death of her husband and she feels she has the right to his money and no other woman is entitled to it.
The son, Farai on the other hand has said he is ready to marry his mother and to also pay off the bride price his father did not finish paying before his death.
The locals in the village say they cannot allow that to happen in the village. In the past, they would have been killed them,but today, they cannot do it because of the police. They were advised to leave the village which they did.
- 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry
- My father raped me repeatedly till I got pregnant’: Woman Recounts A Dark Family Secret
- How I got pregnant in SS1, lost the child and got my life back – Ogun state lawmaker reveals
- Antar Laniyan Reveals Why He Was Named After An Animal
- Kelly Rowland Is Pregnant