Scholarship Name: 2012/2013 SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme
Shell Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Nigerian Universities 2012/2013 in two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
Accepted Subject Areas?
Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
About Shell Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills-base among young Nigerians.
Scholarship Type: ShellScholarship for NigerianUniversity Students
Who is qualified to apply?
The Scholarship is in two categories;
- the National Merit Award (NM) and
- the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2012/2013 NM Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2012/2013 OE Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Delta and Bayelsa (from Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government Areas) States. Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2012/2013 OW Application.
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Several
What are the benefits?
Annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course
Duration of Scholarship
For full duration of the course
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at: Nigerian Universities
Application Dealine: Application Submission Deadline is Friday 30 October, 2013.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, at www.shellnigeria.com to provide required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, that is not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
Applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW) are to provide scanned copies of identification letters (duly stamped and signed) from;
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC).
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture)
More news in this category
- Eni Full Masters Scholarships for African Students from Nigeria,Ghana (2014/2015)
- 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential Scholarship Scheme Screening
- NCC Essay Competition.Apply Now
- Reach Oxford Scholarship 2014
- Eni Scholarships for Masters Programme 2014
- Erasmus Mundus graduate scholarship 2013/2014
- New Media Writing Prize 2013
- Agip Nigeria Post Graduate Scholarship Award 2013/2014
- British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN), Undergraduate Scholarship(2013/2014)
- PTDF scholarship 2014/2015 for undergraduates,Masters & PhD in Nigeria & Overseas