Major General (rtd) Muhammed Buhari a former military ruler of Nigeria published some of his thoughts concerning letter of ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo to President Goodluck Jonathan. Read the full text below:
The Obasanjo letter did not come as any surprise to us. No right thinking Nigerian will choose to ignore the apalling descent to anarchy that Nigeria is experiencing under this government.
The good people of this country are equally oppressed by the PDP regimes of both Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan. Therefore, while we have the right to demand accountability for the pertinent issues raised in the said letter, we also have the moral responsibility to question the sincerity of the messenger, and to condemn and reject the duo (Obasanjo and Jonathan) for their crimes against the good people of this country.
The destiny of Nigeria is the destiny of 170 million of us. No single individual, no single tribe, religion, political party or region can usurp this destiny for its selfish whim. Our strength and unity is national, not regional. There are attempts by the PDP to undermine this hard-earned national unity, we must guard against such manipulations with utmost vigilance.
- 1000 Bishops and Pastors In Abuja To Reconcile Jonathan, Obasanjo
- Buhari/Fashola ticket’ll defeat Jonathan, says APC leader
- Obasanjo wants media attention, he is not sincere – Presidency #Chibok234
- Buhari, is a true patriot, statesman, nationalist- Jonathan
- Buhari to declare presidential ambition after Sallah