PR Manager at JUMIA
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
Jumia is currently looking for talented people to fill the following position below:
Job Title: PR Manager
As PR Manager, your responsibility is to foster brand equity and maintain excellent relationship with stakeholders
- Create and execute successful acquisition marketing campaigns, media strategies, and marketing programs to increase the company’s awareness, drive user growth and retention
- Drive engagement in digital marketing: increase company’s website traffic and acquisition of new audiences through online marketing tools and tactics, including and not limited to search (paid and SEO), user acquisition and list building tactics, and affiliate marketing.
- Establish new partnerships and promotional programs that reach sizeable external audiences to drive significant new users and website traffic
- Drive TV Network partnerships by delivering exceptional integrated marketing experiences which support their programming and business goals
- Lead a team including acquisition marketing, digital marketing, social media and PR
- Contribute as an integral member of the leadership team, defining ongoing priorities and contributing in all areas of the business
- Ability to question the status quo and develop marketing initiatives that support overall strategic business goals.
- Develop analytics dashboard and identify improvements to drive greater audiences and deeper engagement.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to support prioritized initiatives across multiple platforms (such as social media), resulting in increased customer acquisition
- Background in one of the following areas is preferred: e-commerce, list-building publisher, media
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Time management skills and the proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously and under pressure
- Well organized and detail oriented with demonstrated strong professional performance
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven start-up environment
- Proven track record of using online marketing tools to drive user acquisition.
- Strong communication, presentation, networking and collaboration skills is a must
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker
- Balance of strategy, implementation, and hand-on skillset
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic company culture and industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications or related field from a recognised and accredited University
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage
- Professional Certification in Marketing or related field is a plus
- 4 – 6 years’ experience Leading a marketing team, preferably in an ecommerce firm
- Indepth knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the E-commerce Industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below
Vacancy: Project Engineer At Diego Nigeria
Nigeria is currently the world’s leading market for the Guinness extra stout Brand. The productsRead More
Information Technology Job at Ikeja Electric
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience andRead More