Explosion: Galaxy Note 7 Owners Warned By Samsung To Stop Using Phones
Samsung has issued a warning to owners of Galaxy Note 7 smartphone to stop using the device or exchange due to explosion risk.
Over 2.5million phones were recalled last week over reports that some units had caught fire during or after charging. A case of a six year old from New York was reportedly using a Galaxy Note 7 to watch videos on Saturday when it burst into flames causing burns to his body.
‘He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother’, his grandmother Linda Lewis told the New York Post.
Battery problem is the cause of the explosions as revealed by Samsung but the company said at this stage it cannot be sure which of the phones sold are affected.
In a statement the company introduced a product exchange program that allows all owners to trade their devices for a new one.
“We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note 7, we strongly advise that you replace it.”
“Until a replacement device is provided, Samsung asks all customers with a Galaxy Note 7 smartphone to power down your device and return it to its place of purchase at your earliest opportunity,” the statement added.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users who don’t follow Samsung’s recommendations may find their device which only launched last month remotely deactivated.
Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update
WhatsApp, last month introduced the “Video status updates” feature which works just like story onRead More
Blackberry Aurora, the first Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot
Blackberry Aurora is the first of it kind smartphone from Blackberry, the device is theRead More