RF PLANNING ENGINEER AT MTN
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RF Planning Engineer
Division: Network Group
Core Purpose of the Job
* To design and plan MTNN radio networks (2G, UMTS, LTE and future technologies) on various layers (including in-building solutions IBS/DAS, FEMTO/small cells etc.) for cost effective deployment of radio network coverage and capacity, towards the achievement of MTNN’s network rollout objectives and marketing/business plan.
* Coverage – Ensuring that coverage is provided in all areas where MTN subscribers live, work and play and to maintain parity with the competitor where necessary.
* Produce Cost Effective radio designs – ensuring the network will be designed and built in the most cost effective way possible, e.g. rooftops/existing towers/water towers are easier and cheaper to build than greenfields
* Network Planning functions within the region which will be measured by:
* Capacity – Ensuring that at any time the network will be able to accommodate the subscriber level anticipated 3 months ahead
* Technology integration – Ensuring that multiservice sites (2G, 3G, etc) are properly designed and integrated with minimal complexity and good Inter Radio Access Technology performance.
* Time – Ensuring that network planning and site acceptance will be carried out in a manner to allow sufficient time for acquisition, construction and implementation of BTS and transmission links
* Maintain at all times a detailed knowledge of the behavior and status of all sites in the region of responsibility. This includes:
* Nominal plan
* Planned sites
Site acquisition status
* Build configuration and status
* Voice traffic indices: GoS (Congestions stats), Dropped call rate, Control Channel failure, HO failure rate, half-rate
Data traffic volumes and relevant indices
* Monitor and report all competitor activities
* The clutter data and propagation models (Planning Tool: Asset) will be checked at regular intervals to ensure that they offer a true reflection of the propagation environment·
* Maintain the integrity of the contents of planning tools (esp. ASSET, and other records) and minimize discrepancies from live network
* Execute the nominal radio coverage and capacity rollout design for the region
* Carry out the detailed RF design to conform with the nominal rollout plan
* Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets for the region
* Continuously analyze traffic, utilization and subscriber growth in order to foresee needs for capacity expansion.
* Review, prepare and load cell data for integration of sites onto the network.
* Evaluate, verify and supervise the planning of MTNN radio networks by managed service
* Ensure value is created from Customer engagement & Operations:
* Maintain accurate and thorough Knowledge of the network, especially in assigned region/areas to aid decision making by stakeholders
* First degree in Electrical/Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation
* Experience working in a medium organization
* Experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
* Experience working in a multi-vendor network
* Experience with Ericsson, Huawei and ZTE equipment will be desirable
* Training on the BSS aspect of a GSM network
* Radio planning and optimization of GSM and UMTS network
* Training on vendor equipment and software
* New technologies training
* Normal MTNN office environment.
* Open plan office
* May be required to work extended hours
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Ecobank Graduate Recruitment 2017
Ecobank Development Corporation (Ecobank Capital) is the investment banking and securities trading company of EcobankRead More
Sabmiller: Maintenance Manager (Lagos)
Maintenance Manager (Lagos) Reference Number SAB-257 Description Amongst other duties, the Maintenance Manager will; ManageRead More